I want to go horse riding in....
I would like to explore.... Hover your mouse over the map, & click to go
Other Rural Wellington
Prices from $50 to $90
20 minutes from Wellington CBD
Phone: (04) 4788-472
Address: 517 Ohariu Valley Road, Ohariu Valley, Wellington
Escape the city on horseback at Wellington’s longest-established equestrian centre. The Capital’s horse and pony community since 1963, Ohariu Valley Horse Trekking is just a 20 minute delightful drive from central Wellington.
Located in the heart of Ohariu Valley, it’s a country retreat on Wellington’s doorstep. With over 850 acres of beautiful farmland to ride over, Ohariu Valley Horse trekking welcomes both beginners and experienced riders.
Ohariu Valley Horse Trekking & Equestrian Centre offers the following:
- Pony-rides in our outdoor sand area for children
- One and two hour horse treks in the weekends
- One hour trek prices: $50 per child, $60 per adult
- Two hour trek prices: $80 per child, $90 per adult
- Horse grazing & horse leasing
- Equestrian store, with a great range of horse feed, vet suppliers, and riding gear
- We welcome people of any age and riding experience to the calm of the country in this secret pocket of Wellington – all within a very easy drive of Wellington city.
Our Saddlery store is open 10.00am – 6.00pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am - 5.00pm weekends, except some public holidays.
Ohariu Valley Horse Trekking operates on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as some Wednesdays during the school holidays (all weather and bookings permitting)
For more information please contact us. Telephone bookings essential.
Ohariu Valley Horse Trekking and Equestrian Centre
Are you looking for Wellington accommodation?
Check out the wellington accommodation page of the New Zealand Bed and Breakfast guide, which includes B&B's, farmstays, homestays vineyard stays and self-catering accommodation.